8/12/07

another 5k!



this morning i got up at 5:30 am, lubed up my toes to prevent blisters in the sorching heat, put on my gear and headed out to the Komen Race For the Cure in front of Union Station. there were thousands of participants and 215 were on my corporate team. my best guess would be that 80% of the participants were walkers so that presented a challenge in itself. i spent most of the race weaving in and out of walkers and strollers, on sidewalks and off sidewalks and everywhere i could go to keep my pace. it was almost as challenging as a unpaved trail run! there were record numbers of people out today that paid an entrance fee to be used for research, i'm happy all those folks came out for such a good cause!

btw- i'm up to 6 miles for my 1/2 marathon training.... this upcoming saturday is my first stab at 7 miles, i'm up for the challenge!!

4 comments:

boxercab said...

awesome sara!!!! you rock and you look great!

Anonymous said...

the fat is just melting off of you! You look fantastic!

*sara* said...

look at those muscle-y runner legs!!! haha

Evan Maxon said...

Lookin' great! Keep us posting on your progress!