7/12/07

HP in IMAX 3-D



we went to see the new harry potter movie tonight in IMAX 3-D, all i have to say is WOW. wow. WOW. we have an IMAX theater blocks from our house and we've taken advantage of it whenever we can, however this is the first time we saw one in 3-D. IT WAS AMAZING, the effects were awesome but the added 3-D made them stunning. the story was pretty close to the book, several things were left out but they always are for the sake of a 2+ hour film, no complaints on the story at all. i loved it! the only draw back of 3-D at least for me.... was i couldn't walk straight or see after the film. the effects and glasses tweaked my eyes out so badly that i had no depth perception or distance vision for a bit after we left. i had to wear my glasses, to clear my vision.... whew. my eyeballs hurt, but totally worth it!



monday night we went to see "the transformers"... that movie was really great too! i loved the dry delivery of jokes by Shia LeBeouf. it was serious, light-hearted, fun, action packed and compassionate all in one film and who would have thought this would come from a movie based on a cartoon from our past in the late 1980s.... never would have guessed that!



while we were on vacation during the 4th of july week, it wouldn't be right if we hadn't seen "live free or die hard". the newest of the bruce willis movies that happens to revolves around the holiday. action packed, adrenaline and testosterone filled man movie! it was really good, there were a few moments where i couldn't hold onto the suspension of disbelief and was like- no way man, no way. then i had a hard time wrapping my head around justin long's character, not that he was a brilliant hacker but they made him do it on a *gasp* pc when he pimps the fab mac for his day job! ;o) it was a good movie, i really enjoyed this one too. it's got MENERGY!

3 comments:

boxercab said...

Cool - I bet HP was trippy in 3-D! I want to see Transformers too. I haven't heard a bad review yet.

Anonymous said...

i'm not sure when we'll got see HP5. Since you and Chris liked it so much, I'm sure its got to be decent.

D said...

HP in 3D?? WOW! I'll bet that was amazing! I saw it in 2D and it was still amazing. :)