7/30/07

fitness update


i figured it's been awhile since my last fitness/weight-loss update. since starting my journey march 11, 2007 i've lost 35 pounds and over 1/2 of my body fat percentage goal. i'm over halfway there, 25 more to go! my first 30 came off quickly and dramatically, but those recent 5 took about a month to come off. it proves the point the more you have to lose, the faster it comes off, but when you get closer to your goal it slows down. but that's okay, i'm still seeing progress and digging old barely worn clothes out of my closet!

my hard work in the gym and running outside has also been paying off. i think it's pretty safe to say i'm in the best cardio shape of my life. even as an athlete in high school, i didn't work nearly as hard as i do now. but i've always been a competitor, then and now, even if now it's only for personal best. i'm training for a 1/2 marathon and every week i make a new personal best in how many miles i've put in that week and distance of individual training runs. this saturday i continuously ran 5 miles for the first time in my life. i may be slow but i have the endurance to keep going, and it feels amazing!

3 comments:

boxercab said...

that's so awesome! keep up the great work, sara!

D said...

Congrats! That's a big accomplishment! :)

*sara* said...

thanks girls!!! it really means a lot.... ;o)

it's such hard work, but so gratifying when you actually see results. now if i can just speed this back up a bit! ;o)