6/16/07

since when was 5K 3.75 miles?



this is after the race with one of my marathoner friends, lynette... we ran my first 5k since high school. i started running last week when i got tired of my usual workouts, i needed to mix it up a bit for variety. i started running on the treadmill what i expected to be no more than 5 minutes turned into 20 and by the end of the week i was at 3+ miles. i told her i was running again and she had me signed up for a 5k a few days later!

i was a bit bummed at the finish line by the time on the clock and a bit bummed that i had to stop and walk a few times... then come to find out, the race was almost 4 miles!!! they mapped it wrong! that would explain why i had to walk, it was so much longer than i was used to and why my time was so bad! my final time was 47:05 for 3.75 miles... my goal was 40 minutes, but not too shabby considering i had to walk a bit, and i'm only halfway through my weight-loss goal (i've lost 30 pounds so far, with 30 more to go obviously from the pic, i got me some chub). i'm hooked and looking forward to the next one!

2 comments:

raegan said...

Woah. You are getting slim, my friend. You're doing great! Congratulations!

boxercab said...

You look great! Keep up the awesome work!